Regularly update the Client program on your computer.
The QSROnline Development Team regularly publishes Client updates to improve the program. With each new update, the Client is upgraded to a new version. It is recommended that you update your Client program once per month in order to take advantage of new features and enhancements.
To update your client version:
1. Click on the Menu icon.
2. Hover over Help.
3. Click on Check for Program Updates.
We also recommend updating the Windows software on your computer. Out of date Windows software can slow the QSROnline Client system and also interfere with other functions.
You must have a valid internet connection in order to use the QSROnline Client program. Without an internet connection, the QSROnline system fails to run properly. If you are experiencing issues with your internet, please contact your internet service provider.
No Password or Username
If you ever forget your QSROnline password, simply click on the "Forgot Password" link at the bottom of the QSROnline login window.
In the event that you forget both your username and password, contact your company administrator, as they will be best suited to assist you. If you are the company administrator, please contact the QSROnline Support Team, and we can help you with resetting your login information.
Missing Emailed Reports
If you are subscribed to emailed reports from QSROnline and suddenly stopped receiving them, please check your email, and make sure that QSROnline is not listed on your block list or spam list. Also, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your company contact to avoid our emails winding up in your junk or spam.
If after these changes you're still not receiving your emailed reports, please contact our Support Team, and they will happily assist you.
We often hear of customers trying to print QSROnline reports and experiencing printing issues. Typically, this is due to pending Windows updates on the user's computer. The quick fix to this issue is to simply check for Windows updates within the Control Panel on your computer.
In other instances, the printing pop-up window may be hidden behind the QSROnline Client window. If you don't see the printing pop-up window while trying to print, be sure to check behind the QSROnline Client window.
Occasionally, you may encounter an error within the QSROnline Client program, but don't worry.
If you receive an "unhandled exceptions error", close the Client program entirely and log back in.
If upon logging in a second or third time the error persists, please check for QSROnline Client or Windows updates on your computer.
If upon updating your software the errors remains, please contact the QSROnline Support Team.
Also, take a screenshot of the issue, and send it to us. This helps us better understand the issue and allows for better diagnostics. Screenshots can be emailed to email@example.com.
For directions on taking a screenshot, please follow the steps below.
How to take a screenshot on your computer:
Please find your operating system below, and follow the directions for taking a screenshot.
Windows 7 or Later
To take a screenshot using Windows 7 or later:
1. Within the start menu on your task bar, search in your programs for "Snipping Tool." Click on the Snipping Tool
2. This window will appear, and your mouse cursor will turn into a small cross-hair. Then select the area that you're wishing to take a screenshot of.
3. After capturing your screenshot, this window will appear. To save your screenshot, click File, Save As, and save the image to your computer.
All Windows Versions
To take a screenshot on your Windows computer:
1. Press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. This button can be labeled several different ways, including "Print Screen - SysRq", "PrtSc", "Print Scr", and more similar abbreviations. Upon clicking the Print Screen button, your screenshot will be taken. You may not receive any type of confirmation that your screenshot has been taken.
2. You will then need to paste the image into a file. The most popular way to do this is using Paint. Open a Paint file and paste your screenshot into the Paint file one of three ways: 1) Press the Ctrl + V keys on your keyboard to paste the image into the Paint canvas, 2) Right click on the blank Paint canvas and select Paste to paste your image into the Paint canvas, 3) Use the edit menu at the top of the Paint window and select the Paste feature to paste the image file into the Paint canvas.
3. Once you've pasted the screenshot into the Paint file, save the image file to your computer, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Photo 1 credit of WikiHow:
How to Take a Screenshot in Microsoft Windows. (n.d.). Retrieved April 21, 2015, from http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows
Mac OS X
To take a screenshot of your Mac:
1. To take a screenshot of your entire screen, press command + shift + 3 on your keyboard at the same time. Once you release the keys, your screenshot will appear on your desktop. You can open the image on your desktop and send it to email@example.com
2. To take a screenshot of just a portion of your screen, press command + shift + 4 on your keyboard at the same time. Once you release the keys, your screenshot will appear on your desktop. You can open the image on your desktop and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Photos credit of WikiHow:
How to Take a Screenshot in Mac OS X. (n.d.). Retrieved April 21, 2015, from http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Mac-OS-X