Countsheets allow you to track inventory usage. Taking inventory counts are in important aspect of tracking your food cost.
Locating the Countsheet Icon
Creating a Counthseet
- Select the Unit and Date from the drop down boxes for the unit and date your are taking counts for.
- Choose whether you will be Grouping Items by Location or Department (If you group by Location, an item will appear multiple times on the Countsheet; If you group by Department, an item will appear only once).
- Choose the Type of Countsheet you wish to use (Shift, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Waste). If you are wishing to create a weekly Countsheet, choose Weekly. If you are wishing to create a daily Countsheet, choose Daily, and so forth.
Printing in Compact Mode
1. At the bottom of the Countsheet, you will see Two tabs: Full (Entry Mode) and Compact (Print Only). If you are wanting to use less paper, choose Compact (Print Only) mode.
2. Click the Print button to print the blank, compact Countsheet to carry around with you to take inventory counts.
Printing In Full Entry Mode
If you would like a more detailed printable countsheet:
1. Select the Full (Entry Mode) tab.
2. Click the Print button to print the Full mode countsheet to carry with you for inventory counts.
Please note that the main difference between the Full (entry Mode) and Compact (Print Only) Countsheets boils down to visual properties and personal preferences. Both were created for the same purpose: counting inventory.
Entering Inventory Counts into QSROnline
- After counting your inventory, return to the QSROnline Client application to enter the store counts. Switch back to the Full (Entry Mode) to view the full screen Countsheet.
- Enter the counted values from the printed compact Countsheet into the highlighted cells for each item counted. Use the Tab key or the Enter key to move between entry cells. You will notice that once you enter a value, the Countsheet will automatically calculate the total for that item.
- When you have finished entering the count values, or when you need to step away from the computer, it is wise to click Save. This will save all of your entries in the countsheet.
- Once you have saved your Countsheet, click the Close button.
*Please Note: We suggest one user at a time while entering Inventory counts. Also, if an item is missing, the ADMIN must update the list.
Viewing Existing Countsheets
You can view existing countsheets within the Countsheets window. By default, a list of the most recently entered countsheets will be listed on the screen. If you wish to narrow your list to find a specific countsheet:
1. Select the Type of Ccountsheet desired. Types include Monthly, Weekly, Daily, Shifts, etc.
2. Select the unit or units you're wishing to view countsheets for.
3. Select the date range in which you believe the desired location was entered. In this example, Last Period is selected. Other date ranges include This Period, Last 14 days, Last 7 days, Yesterday, Today, and Custom.
4. Once you've narrowed down your search, the list of countsheets meeting the selected criteria will be listed on your screen.
Reverting to an Older Version
In the event that someone incorrectly creates or edits a countsheet, you have the option of reverting the countsheet back to an older version. To correct an incorrect countsheet:
1. Click on the Show Info button.
2. Shown will be the Countsheet History, including the last person to save and edit the countsheet, along with date and time.
If you find an older version that is correct, you can simply click on it to highlight it. Then, click the Save button.