Accounting & Payroll Integration
Accounting Integration and Payroll Integration are optional services offered by QSROnline. If you are interested in learning more about Accounting and/or Payroll Integration, please contact your account manager. Please refer back to your proposal for pricing details.
By integrating with your accounting software, QSROnline can import your sales journal entries and invoices directly into your accounting software, saving you time and hassle. We also offer customizable journal entry formats and automated ordering based on sales and usage.
QSROnline integrates with most major accounting systems. For a list of our accounting partners, please click here. If you do not see your accounting company on our list of partners, don't worry! We can create custom files to match your specific accounting software.
What is needed for Accounting Integration:
If you would like to set up Accounting Integration between your restaurant and QSROnline, you will need to send your account manager:
- a file format
The file format should display the layout and information needed by your accounting software in order to accurately import data. QSROnline's Integration Specialist will create a custom accounting file for your company, based on the file format and your company's needs.
QuickBooks Accounting Integration Setup
If you use QuickBooks as your accounting software and are interested in setting up Accounting Integration with QSROnline, please send your account manager the following information from your QuickBooks account:
- Sample of a Daily Journal Entry (for a single day)
- Daily Sales Report from your POS System (same date as Daily Journal Entry)
- Copy of your Chart of Accounts
- Backup of your QuickBooks File (QBM type)
- Username and Password (if the file is protected)
In order to send us the information above, please follow the steps below to access and extract the necessary information:
1. Sample of a Daily Journal Entry (single date)
Find a “Healthy” journal entry for a specific day “Healthy” meaning that it has most of your GL codes represented.
Steps to Sending a Journal Entry
- In QuickBooks go to “Company” at the top tool bar
- Click on “Make Journal Entries”
- Click next or previous until the journal entry is found
- Click “Print...” (in the make journal entries window)
- In the “Print to:” section select “File”
- From the drop down select comma delimited file
- Click “Print”
- Save and name it using the naming convention: “YourCompany_JE_Date of journal entry” (Example: BobsBurgers_JE_02-03-1955)
2. Daily Sales Report from POS System
Please provide a sales report from the same day that the above journal entry represents.
Steps To Sending a Daily Sales Report
- Scan the sales report, or print the sales report to PDF
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line that reads: “POS Daily Sales Report” “YourCompanyName” “DateOfSalesReport” without the quotation marks.
3. Chart of Accounts
Please export the “.IIF” file containing the company’s Chart of Accounts.
Steps to Exporting your COA in QuickBooks
- Click “File” then “Utilities”
- Click “Export” then “Lists to IIF files...”
- Select “Chart of Accounts”
- Save and name it using naming convention: “CompanyNameCOA” (Example: BobsBurgersCOA)
4. QuickBooks Backup
QSROnline needs a backup of your QuickBooks file (preferably a QBM instead of QBB) in order to test the setup. This file is often too large to email directly to us. For your convenience, there is a link inside of the QSR Client program that will allow you to upload and send the file directly to us. To do this, simply log in to the QSROnline Client program, click on the Help tab at top of the screen, select "Upload File To Support Team", and upload the QuickBooks file.
or use the direct link:
Steps to saving a Backup of your QuickBooks
- Click File, then Save Copy or Backup
- When you see Type of file to save, select Portable company file, then click Next (saving locally or online, select Local backup, then click Next)
- To save, select Save it now, then click Next
- Save a copy to your Desktop, then click Save
- QuickBooks warning: click "Use this Location", then click OK
QSROnline's Payroll Integration service automates many of your payroll processes, including sending your payroll totals directly to your payroll service.
QSROnline integrates with most major payroll services. For a list of our payroll partners, please click here. If you do not see your payroll company on our partners list, don't worry! We can create custom files to match your specific payroll software.
What is needed for Payroll Integration:
If you would like to set up Payroll Integration between your restaurant and QSROnline, you will need to send your account manager:
- a file format
The file format should display the layout and information needed by your payroll software in order to accurately import payroll totals. QSROnline's Integration Specialist will create a custom payroll file for your company, based on the file format and your company's needs.