Setting Up GL Codes
GL Codes are accounting codes that are linked to your vendor items within invoices. GL codes are normally listed as your Costs of Goods Sold within your Chart of Accounts in your accounting software. (See image below.)
Watch a Video
Adding Accounting Codes to QSROnline
To add accounting codes to QSROnline:
1. Access the Food Cost Configuration (hamburger icon).
2. Click on the Accounting Codes tab.
3. Click in the blank row next to the asterisk to add a new accounting code in QSROnline. Here you will key in the accounting code exactly as it appears within your accounting software.
4. After keying in all of your accounting codes, click on the Save button to save your work.
Linking GL Codes to Purchases
Once the GL codes have been set up within QSROnline, it is time to link/map them to all of the items that you have purchased. To do this:
1. Open the Food Cost Configuration.
2. Click on the Status tab.
3. Open the Invalid Accounting Codes tab.
4. For each vendor item, use the drop down arrow in the yellow box to select the appropriate accounting code for each item.
5. To save your changes, click on the Save button.