Variance Food Cost Summary
The Variance Food Cost Summary Report is an excellent way to view a snapshot of your variance food cost across departments and subdepartments, helping identify potential problems, such as excess waste, theft, or improper portion control.
For a more detailed report on Food Cost, please view the Variance Food Cost Detail Report.
Accessing the Report
Viewing the Report
1. Select the appropriate unit.
2. Select the countsheet type you wish to use to populate this report. Types include shift, daily, weekly, or monthly.
3. Choose how you want to sort the report using the options in the drop-down menu.
4. After making your selections, click Run to populate your report.
5. To see detailed information pertaining to the Subdepartment, simply double click on the desired Subdepartment within the Variance Food Cost Summary Report. The associated Variance Food Cost Detail Report will appear (as shown below).
Double-Click on a Subdepartment
1. You can see that after double clicking on the Subdepartment within the Variance Food Cost Summary Report, a new report opened, titled Variance Food Cost Detail. This report displays specific information only pertaining to the selected Department and Subdepartment.
2. In this example, the Department selected is Food and the Subdepartment is Frozen Foods.